I shared this at the end of Mass last weekend and thought it would be good to include this in writing for this weekend. Bishop Thomas has assigned Father Kishore Kottana as associate pastor at Resurrection Parish, St. Mary of the Snows Parish, and St. Peter Parish, effective July 1, 2022. Fr. Kishore’s parents converted to Catholicism from Hinduism and raised him Catholic from his birth. He was ordained a priest at Our Lady, Queen of the Most Holy Rosary Cathedral 13 years ago and became a naturalized citizen three years ago. Please pray for him as he prepares to move here and begin in July.
Even though Deacon (soon to be Father) Hunyor is not going to be assigned here, I still invite and encourage you his ordination to the priesthood. As a reminder, the ordination will be this upcoming Saturday, May 28 at 10am at Our Lady, Queen of the Most Holy Rosary Cathedral in Toledo. It is worthwhile going to his ordination for three reasons. First, the cathedral is the “mother church” of our diocese, and it is magnificent. It is the most beautiful of the cathedrals in the state of Ohio, and you will think you are in some church in Europe. Secondly, it is good for Catholics to witness and pray at an ordination; it’s not something you see everyday. Thirdly, I encourage you to go in order to support Deacon (soon to be Father) Hunyor. There will be a reception at the cathedral school gymnasium, and you will be visit with him. I know he will be happy to see you.
Soon enough, June will be upon us. Traditionally, June has been dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Either next week or the following week, I will write more about devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, along with enthroning the Sacred Heart in one’s home. I’ll begin a little bit here. Jesus shared with St. Margaret Mary Alacoque 12 promises of His Sacred Heart.
- I will give them all the graces necessary in their state of life.
- I will establish peace in their homes.
- I will comfort them in all their afflictions.
- I will be their secure refuge during life, and above all, in death.
- I will bestow abundant blessings upon all their undertakings.
- Sinners will find in my Heart the sources and infinite ocean of mercy.
- Lukewarm souls shall become fervent.
- Fervent souls shall quickly ascend to high perfection.
- I will bless every place in which an image of my Heart is exposed and honored.
- I will give to priests the gift of moving the most hardened hearts.
- Those who shall promote this devotion shall have their names written in my Heart.
- I promise you in the excessive mercy of my Heart that my all-powerful love will grant
to all those who receive Holy Communion on the First Fridays in nine consecutive
months the grace of final perseverance; they shall not die in my disgrace, nor
without receiving their sacraments. My divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in
this last moment.
Also in the month of June are farewell parties for me. There will be a party at Resurrection on June 12 at 1pm, and there will be a party at St. Mary of the Snows on June 26 after the 11am Mass. I hope to see you and spend some time with you at these parties.
We are saints under construction, placing the Sacred Heart of Jesus at the center of our lives and our homes. Have a great week!