Oct 28, 2019
Someone recently asked that a list of recommended books be included in the bulletin. I've compiled a quick list although this is by no means exhaustive. I hope you find these books helpful for you, as I've found them helpful in my life.
- He Leadeth Me by Walter Ciszek, S.J.
- Anima Christi: Soul of Christ by Mother Mary Francis, P.C.C.
- Confessions by St. Augustine
- The Way of the Disciple by Erasmo Leiva-Merikakis
- The Spiritual Direction of Saint Claude de la Colombiere & arranged by Mother M. Philip, I.B.V.M
- I Believe in Love by Jean d'Elbee
- Delivered From Evil: Jesus' Victory Over Satan, the Teaching of Saint Leo the Great in a modern version by Anne Field, O.S.B.
- The Reed of God by Caryll Houselander
- A Man of the Beatitudes: Pier Giorgio Frassati by Luciana Frassati
- 3 volumes of Jesus of Nazareth by Pope Benedict XVI
- What to Do When Jesus Is Hungry: A Practical Guide to the Works of Mercy by Andrew Apostoli, C.F.R.
- For reflections on the Sunday readings: Light of the Word by Hans Urs von Balthasar
- For reflections on the Sunday readings: www.thesacredpage.com
- Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri (best translations by Mark Musa or Anthony Esolen)
- Life of Christ by Fulton J. Sheen
- To Know Christ Jesus by Frank Sheed
- Beatitudes: Eight Steps to Happiness by Raniero Cantalamessa, O.F.M. Cap
- Healing: Bringing the Gift of God's Mercy to the World by Mary Healy
- Parochial and Plain Sermons by St. John Henry Newman
- The Pursuit of Happiness—God's Way: Living the Beatitudes by Servais Pinckaers, O.P.
- Back to Virtue by Peter Kreeft
- The 7 Secrets of the Eucharist by Vinny Flynn
- The 7 Secrets of Confession by Vinny Flynn
Have a great week!